1) It’s surprisingly hard to say, “No, sorry, that’s not in our budget right now.” Whether to friends, family, co-workers, or even your own spouse. Why is it so hard?
I had a refreshing conversation with close friends who are visiting us this August. Basically we decided that we’re all in a “scraping to get by” season of our lives and we need to be honest with each other about what we can/cannot afford while they’re in town visiting.
Honesty is best and opens the path for others to be honest with you.
2) 4th of July. Chad and I are going to watch fireworks Thursday night with another married couple who lives in Danvers. That’s all. I’m not a big 4th of July person, but we’re both looking forward to a short work/class week!
3) My birthday was amazing because I heard from every single family member. I felt so loved. Chad got me a few special items as well. The only thing that could have made it better was seeing a pug 😦
4) If you’ve talked to me lately you’d know that my energy levels have been very low. I’m working on bringing them back up with some vitamins and healthy energy boosting foods!
5) Joy the Baker- my sister told me about a funny podcast to listen to and I’ve been listening to these podcasts lately. Very funny, random, and inspiring to hear two women doing what they love.
6) New Iowans up in hurr. There are two new Iowans in our building. Audra and Brett. We’ve hung out twice. They’re cool. Must be an Iowa thing. 😉
7) This is for you. You’re welcome! Sunday Sevens are too long, so I may be thinking of a different day. Either Friday Fives or Thursday Threes.