1) It’s September, can summer please be over now? Can I just have my hot coffee on a cool day, wear boots and tights, and watch the Chiefs kick ass?
2) I finished another book! Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner. It was a good read. I like Fiction/Chick Lit because they’re so easy to dive into. I’m also (slowly) working on Forgotten God by Francis Chan and The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer.
3) We went to Iowa last week. It was a great trip. Saying goodbye was still hard, but easier knowing that Christmas is only a few months away!! Chad’s parents are coming to visit us in October as well! We’re looking forward to that. 🙂
4) I honestly thank God for my sister every day. She’s been my best friend since birth, practically. I was thankful to see her in Des Moines, even though it was short. Every time we talk on the phone, she gets financially motivated, and I get organizationally motivated. It’s a win, win, win, friend.
5) I bought a Boston Red Sox shirt! I love it. Chad and I are hoping to go to a game at some point before he graduates.
6) Goals. I accomplished one of my short term goals this week. I wanted a somewhat steady, part-time, and enjoyable source of income. I found a family to babysit for and they’re literally 5 minutes from campus, very nice, and will most likely need me 2-3 times a month. Goal #2. I want to get more organized this fall. I specifically want to organize our walk-in closet, storage unit, and also organize our finances. Chad and I are pretty good with money, but in an unorganized way. 🙂 Goal #3. It’s time for this goal to “come out”. I’ve felt a calling for a few years to pursue a certification in Water Aerobics, then teach classes. I love water, I want to stay in shape, and I want to motivate others. I’ve researched the first steps in getting certified and it’s nearly required to have 6 months of experience taking Water Aerobics classes. I believe I’m going to become a Y member and begin these classes!
7) Market Basket is back! The owners finally worked everything out and our favorite, cheap, grocery store is back. Chad and I discovered Italian ice there this weekend. Market Basket sells a 6 pack for only $2.00 in orange, lemon, mango, etc.
I started this blog on Labor Day and was going to do “Labor Day Eleven” then I worked on it Tuesday and was going to do “Tuesday Ten” but now I just give up on numbers.
On a sad note, Chad’s Aunt passed away unexpectedly yesterday. Though we cannot be near for her funeral, we’re praying for her close family and Chad’s family and are with them in spirit. 😦