1) First and most important, our beautiful niece was born Tuesday morning! Her name is Eleanor Jane Ryan 🙂 We now have 4 nieces and 2 nephews (a third nephew due in April!)!
2) Next plan to see family is in March – we are going to Florida for a week with my side of the family! We are flying into Atlanta then taking a car rental to drive the rest of the way. It will be Chad’s first time seeing Sea Escape, the house my family rents out on the island. 🙂
3) Chad made homemade pico de gallo a few weeks ago and now I’ve started making “homemade” chips.. So we’re definitely a good pair 😉
4) Dance Moms. I am sadly invested in the show Dance Moms. 😛 I’m trying to figure out how to watch season 5, the current season, without cable, for free, haha.
5) We made it a full week without eating out. Naturally I want to reward ourselves by eating out?!?
6) It’s tax season. I got a W2 from Wells Fargo yesterday. I can’t believe I worked there last year! It feels so long ago.
7) Chad and I are very excited for our upcoming trip to Montreal! A French city in Quebec, Canada. We will be there the weekend of our Anniversary!!!
Between being at Gordon-Conwell, Boston, & the Atlantis Oceanfront Inn, we went to a few other places. We spent time at Bearskin Neck in Rockport, MA and at a handful of restaurants on the North Shore:
Although my photo edit makes it look rather bleak, Bearskin Neck is a cute, little shopping district with a ton of hole-in-the-wall shops. The road lined with shops eventually becomes a thin peninsula, with water on three sides of it.
After spending time (& no money) hanging out at our seminary dwelling with my parents, we spent a day in downtown Boston. Here we go!:
We spent most of our time around Boston Common, Chelsea & I’s favorite part of the city. As much as I love downtown Des Moines, this place is hard to beat.
Babysitting! It’s blurry because they never sit still 🙂
Beatrice, 3 & Evelyn, 5
I went to a beautiful, local nursery. “Happy Young Lady” was calling my name, but I ended up buying Mums instead. If you don’t follow me on Instagram, I posted a picture of the Mums’ new home; an old coffee can. 🙂
Happy Young Lady
Last but not least, I did some meal planning this week and tried a couple new recipes. This was more of a snack then a meal. Chocolate covered bacon for the win.
Chocolate Covered Bacon
Our 2nd Annual Christmas in July party was last week, Friday, July 25th. We took all pictures before our guests arrived!
We turned our calendar to December.
I’ve been reading these past couple weeks! I finished “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Greene the other day. Then I got a library card. Now I’m reading “The Next Best Thing” by Jennifer Weiner. It’s about a writer. It’s really good so far, and I’m loving my new hobby! I typically read right before I fall asleep at night and on my lunch break at work. Please send me book suggestions. Continue reading
1) It’s surprisingly hard to say, “No, sorry, that’s not in our budget right now.” Whether to friends, family, co-workers, or even your own spouse. Why is it so hard?
I had a refreshing conversation with close friends who are visiting us this August. Basically we decided that we’re all in a “scraping to get by” season of our lives and we need to be honest with each other about what we can/cannot afford while they’re in town visiting.
Honesty is best and opens the path for others to be honest with you. Continue reading
1) San Diego. My first time to San Diego was on one of my Dad’s business trips. This time it was my turn.
I am so thankful. Going on my very own business trip was one of my life goals and I got to check it off earlier than expected!
In response to Chad’s “Chewed food, dude.” post, I would like to pass on some of the successful Pinterest recipes I’ve made the past few weeks. I am always looking for simple, low ingredient recipes on Pinterest! Continue reading